Thursday, June 14, 2012

First Fight, First Kiss Blogfest Part II



Danielle at Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books are having this action packed blogfest where they invite us to share our first fight and first kiss scenes in our WiPs.

Tuesday's was sharing 1st FIGHT, you can read mine here if you like.

Today, June 14 - We share our 1st KISS scene. It can be a peck on the cheek or a full fledge kissing session.


This is from MY PROTECTOR: THE CALLING (surprise, surprise). Eri had to re stitch Grayson's wound after fighting a beast.


            Finnley strolled back in with Grayson’s cleaned-up shirt as I finished the second set of sutures. “If you keep ripping those open, Nurse Eri here won’t be able to keep you so pretty,” Finnley teased him. “And, what was it Doctor Simone said to you? Oh yeah, ‘Your future wife will be able to see those scars if you’re not careful.’ ”
“As far as I’m concerned, she already has,” Grayson joked back.
“Oh,” I mumbled, my cheeks flaming. “Well that should do it then,” and I walked out the door as fast as I could and kept walking.
How could I have been so stupid! Of course I wasn’t the only one who had seen Grayson’s injuries. After all, the other Protectors weren’t the least bit surprised he had a woman in his room the previous night. Obviously it happened before. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I was so far inside my head, determined to put as much distance between me and the source of my infinite anguish, I hadn’t heard Grayson running up behind me.
“Eri!”
Oh crap, keep walking, act like I don’t care.
“Eri, wait.” He jogged in front of me, forcing me to a stop. “What’s gotten into you? Why’d you leave like that?”
“Um, I need to get this stuff back to the hospital,” I lied not looking directly at him, afraid my heart would break.
“Did I offend you by saying that?” His eyebrows scrunched in misunderstanding.
“By saying what?” I tried acting as if I hadn’t noticed his words back in my cabin.
“By saying my future wife has already seen my scars. That didn’t affect you at all?”
Feigning nonchalance could only last so long. I raised my head to look into his eyes, tears glossing mine. “Did you run after me to rub it in? I think you know how I feel about you. So you’re trying to hurt me, is that it?”
“God, Eri, you can be so blind sometimes!” He grabbed his hair as if pulling it out. “It’s you. You’re the one I want to see my scars. No one else.” He placed his hands on my arms and bent down to get directly in front of my face. “Only you, Eri.”
I stammered, unable to speak. My mouth tried to move, attempting to spit something out in response, but my brain wouldn’t cooperate.
His lips saved me, pressing against mine before I realized his intention. Tender, light. A million times softer than I imagined a billion times before.
Breaking our connection, he held me at arm’s length, locking his magnetic eyes on mine. If I had to bet on it, I could’ve sworn tears painted them a shade darker. Grayson’s mouth crooked up at the corners before falling back into a straight line.
My eyebrows hitched into my hair, my mouth hung open, words hated me. A strange sound crawled its way out of my throat, but refused to turn coherent.
“I love you, Eri. How can you not know that?” He leaned down again, his lips grazing mine.
A murmur escaped from somewhere in the tangle of my emotions. My mind shut off and my body responded letting my lips take over, moving with his, opening in surrender. I squeezed into him, his arms locking my body against his, months of restraint released, flooded with the heat blooming between us.  
A whistle pierced our kiss.
“It’s about time you two idiots figured it out!” Finnley yelled, laughing from the porch swing beside Jen.


Thoughts? 
Do you like writing kissing scenes?


Now you can go check out some more hot kissing scenes here...


16 comments:

  1. The whole scene is great but I particularly love this:
    "His lips saved me, pressing against mine before I realized his intention. Tender, light. A million times softer than I imagined a billion times before."

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.. I love this so much.. and yeah, the name Grayson is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, what girl doesn't dream of having that moment?? Also, I agree with M.J - that line is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that. To go from such extreme disappointment to the I love you. Finnley broke their moment up just a bit too soon though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jeezus! Gawd that was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it!! Leaves me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, great kissing scene, and great kiss! I love the misunderstanding, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was very sweet. I loved it! I love the misunderstanding. I knew what he was saying and I was like, "No! Turn around! He meant you!" Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heart Grayson. *sigh*
    Great excerpt!

    Thanks for participating in our blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grayson. Le Sigh. I need more of him. Cough* Cough*

    This moment was SO long in coming. And i don't mean that in a bad way. You're so good and holding out the romantic tension. SO GOOD.

    LOVE Eri and Grayson!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm in love with this story! I want more please:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL. "words hated me..." Awesomesauce! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very entertaining scene and I loved the last line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope, that was awesome. Loved it! I've never written a kissing scene, except for the one in the blog hop, and that wasn't made up. This was great!
    A2Z Mommy and What’s In Between

    ReplyDelete

  15. Wonderfull article really i gain very important words of this article.

    Satta is a unique game to place your bets and win only when you have found the right medium or connection.satta king You will have to find an authentic mediator to play Satta
    Sattakingand place bets. How can you find out the authentic results? This is where Satta King Satta king
    comes into the picture. It is an online portal that has been designed to cater to Satta results
    from different zones.

    ReplyDelete