Okay, I've been tagged three times so I have 33 fantabulous questions that I get to answer :) Thanks Lisa, Ninja Girl Reads, and A.E. Martin for passing this fun game on to me :) Then I get to make up 11 questions and tag other writers out there, you could be next!
1. What is the first line of your current WIP?
Going to the river was forbidden.
2. What is the most overrated "classic" that you ever read?
Great Expectations--read that freshman year in high school and I still hate it.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. If you could win any literary prize, what would it be?
A published novel (does that count?)
5. What historical figure from any time period would you most like to meet and hang out with?
I hate history, so right now my mind is flashing images from Bill & Ted's Excellent adventure, ummm Billy the Kid?
6. Most consecutive hours without sleep because you were in a writing frenzy?
That doesn't happen, unless you count time I spend trying to fall sleep while my head ceaselessly spins story lines, and that is every night for at least an hour after the lights go out.
7. What are your three favorite movies?
Impossible question, I love movies! I'm gonna stick with titles that start with the letter D and go with Die Hard, Dirty Dancing, and Defiance.
8. Name one fictional character whose ass you'd love to kick.
Oh, I'm gonna get in trouble for saying this, but Bella Swan. I couldn't stand when she was so wishy-washy and Kristen Stewart's monotonous portrayal of her really deserves a smack down.That being said, I loved the Twilight saga and am thankful for reading it because it opened up my reading world to YA.
9. Would you rather have one book published that becomes a classic or have multiple books published that sell well but eventually go "out of print"?
Multiple books that sell, I'm writing what I hope is a series :)
10. What was the weirdest moment of writing inspiration you've ever had?
The dream that came after sushi and Fast & Furious--a girl, a beast, and a Protector--spurred my WiP.
11. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
You're So Cool by Hans Zimmer (from the movie True Romance)
Ninja Girl's questions:
1. What's your favorite color?
2. What's your favorite name?
Cort and Quynn
3. Cat or Dog?
Cat if I had to choose (they aren't as smelly), but really I'm both :)
4. If you could be anything, do anything, what would you be/do?
A traveller, I'd like to see the world
5. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Flying-it'd save a lot of time and money
6. What was your first blog post about?
Why I started my blog, the origin of my ms
7. Favorite song lyrics?
Just Breathe lyrics by Pearl Jam
8. Favorite line from a book/poem and why?
Going to the river was forbidden. This is the first line of my ms and someday it will be a book (I hope) :)
9. If your life had a soundtrack, what would be the title tracks?
You're So Cool by Hans Zimmer (me)
Stand By Me by Ben E King (my husband)
Delilah by Plain White T's (my son)
Halo by Beyonce (my daughter)
10. What's your latest obsession?
Friday Night Lights on Netflix
11. If you could recommend any book/series, what would it be and why?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, incredible writing with a poetic intensity
AE Martin's questions:
1. What is your biggest fear?
snakes and never getting published
2. What would you wish for if you had three wishes?
An agent, a publishing deal, and my own book in my hands (wow, I'm starting to sound obsessed)
3. What's your favorite childhood novel?
Half Magic by Edward Eager
4. What's your earliest memory?
Either the time when a slug fell out of a tree and plopped on my shoulder, or holding a dead mouse up in front of the window for my mom to see, or the time a mole ran up my pant leg. I think these all happened around when I was 3-4 years old and had lots of traumatic grossness!
5. Would you rather be the hero or the villain?
Hero for sure, I don't like bad people
6. Vampire, Witch, Werewolf, Mermaid--which would you be?
Witch, they seem to blend in better with the rest of the world while holding secret powers
7. What's your favorite song?
Right now, One and Only by Adele
8. Would you rather go back 50 years to the past or 50 years into the future?
The future for sure!
9. If someone could tell you how you were going to die would you want to know?
I would want to know if it was something like by a falling tree or poisonous snake bite so I could avoid those things :)
10. Are you more spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
I like to plan, there are three calendars in front of me and a whole slew of sticky notes
11. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Since I'm a mommy, I'm going with the chicken.
I asked a few fellow writers if they had been tagged yet, a couple had already been tagged a few times, so I'm not going to pass this on to specific individuals. Instead, consider yourself tagged and answer any of the following questions or any of the above questions in the comments! I'd love to get to know these silly tidbits about you!
1. What do you think is the hardest part of writing?
2. What is the easiest part of writing?
3. Sun or snow?
4. What is your favorite movie quote?
5. What are the names of three characters in your WiP?
6. Salt or sugar?
7. What is the title of your WiP?
8. How are you like your main character in your WiP?
9. Dialogue or action scenes?
10. How many WiPs have you started?
11. Do you have a favorite joke? Please share :)