Thursday, April 12, 2012

Around the World in 26 Letters--Kyoto

K was one of my blank letters and I didn't now a thing about Kyoto Japan until I searched "places that start with K". The history, the culture, and the food (I LOVE SUSHI) would be worth a visit. Plus, check out how stunning it is!

 
hotels and suites on the Katsura river

Heian Shrine

Kinkakuji--Golden Pavilion Temple

Kiyomizudera Temple

Fishimi Inari--torri gate

Kokedera--moss temple

Ginkakuji--Silver Pavilion

Bamboo trail at Tenryu Ji in the Arashiyama district


So glad I found a new destination to add to my list! Have you ever been to Japan?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh great one, I've never thought about visiting Japan but after seeing these photo's I'm definitely considering it! It looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!!! Kyoto looks like heaven. I've never been to Japan but it's definitely on my list.. sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those trees with the red leaves. Great pictures. I like sushi too, get it for take out every once in a while. Never been to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of red. Also, I'd love to live in a bamboo forest. It's my second choice after Versailles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and that sushi. ;) I'd love to visit Japan! I could totally go around with no shoes on and no one would look at me funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been but would love to.

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who was stationed in Kyoto for a while. He invited me to come and visit him. I really wish it had worked out for me because what a gorgeous place!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look for your posts for all the pretty pictures. Now I know what my sad little burning bush is supposed to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what beautiful pictures! I hope to visit Kyoto one day.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Just A-Zing around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, it’s so neat seeing everyone’s different ideas for the A-Z Challenge. I think you’re is great. =)
    ~Aidyl
    www.aidylewoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, been to Japan!

    And in my current project, Japan is central to my story. So I had to do some research on Japanese architecture. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've visited Kyoto - it's gorgeous indeed :)

    ReplyDelete